Booking Conditions for Vieux Mirou Holiday Accommodation
- The property known as Vieux Mirou comprising Maison de Ferme, Chez Nous, Chez Amis and Chez Papi are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by John and Anna Perry ("the Owner") to the Renter ("the Guest")
- To reserve the property the Guest must complete and sign the booking form and return it to Halcyon Leisure, our Booking agents, together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, Halcyon Leisure will send a formal confirmation and acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable to Halcyon Leisure not less than eight (8) weeks before the start of the period. If payment is not received by the due date, Halcyon Leisure reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight (8) weeks of start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with the Owner before departure: If amounts remain unsettled they may be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- A security deposit of £200 for the rental period should be paid to Halcyon Leisure with the final payment of the rental in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents.
However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Guest's liability to the to the Owner.
The balance of the Security Deposit will normally be reimbursed to the Guest within seven days of the end of the stay.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the property is re-let, and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount.
It is a condition of booking with Halcyon Leisure that Guests have a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Guest shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated: The Owner may charge for waiting time if cleaning and maintenance staff are delayed by a late departure.
- Occupation of the properties and use of the facilities is strictly limited to those named on the Booking Form unless prior permission is sought. The Owner may charge for additional persons visiting and/or using the facilities at an appropriate rate.
- The Guest agrees to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Guests also agree to respect the space and peace of other Guests who may be on the site during their stay, and also that of other local residents.
- The Guest agrees to leave the property in the state of cleanliness in which it was on their arrival. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the Security Deposit to cover any additional cleaning costs if the Guest leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- The Guest shall report to the Owner or his representative without delay any defects in the property or breakdowns in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made by the Owner or his representative as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Guest:
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in any respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Guest if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such a event, the Owner shall within seven (7) days of notification to the Guest, shall refund to the Guest all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Guest exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
- The use of accommodation and amenities where offered such as, for example, swimming pool, etc., is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user's or visitor's belongings. Whilst the swimming facilities conform to French legal requirements, there is no substitute for adequate supervision and adherence to common swimming pool etiquette.
- Internet connection equipment is provided for Guests' use free of charge but without guarantee of service given the rural location of the property. The Guest accepts and understands that applications requiring large amounts of data may have their function impaired.
Guests are responsible for all content downloaded from the internet, and understand that the Owner and/or Halcyon Leisure may comply with all requests arising from third parties relating to suspected improper or illegal internet usage.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The bringing of pets on the property is forbidden except with the written permission of the Owner.
- The Guest and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Guest shall not sublet the property.
- This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
The Full TERMS & CONDITIONS can be downloaded through THIS LINK ( LIEN ICI pour les termes en français)